Re: Wanted: tracks from Italeri M110 kit (1/35) - M107 also!

Pawel-

I believe Italeri just reissued the M107

HTH

Of course tracks from Italeri M107 models are just as good for me! > > -- > Regards, > Pawel > > Visit my webpage:
Model reviews, galleries etc. > > > Is there any chance that someone has tracks from Italeri M110 and would be > > willing to part with them? They can be painted. > > > > I need original US style tracks that were added to all Italeri versions of > > M110 SP howitzer. I know that they are not very detailed and awfully stiff > > but there are no better available. > > > So if you have a set of Italeri tracks you don't need, please let me know > by > > email. Please note that I live in Poland. > > >
Reply to
PPT_Ranger

Possibly, but do I want to buy another model just for tracks?....But on the other hand it would still be much cheaper option than buying resin tracks. And I have one M107 built ages ago, so I could build a new one to replace it in my collection and use old tracks. YES! :-) That's a GOOD idea!

Now I only need to get some confirmation that this kit has really been reissued and buy it... Thanks for the tip!

-- Regards, Pawel

Visit my webpage:

reviews, galleries etc.

Reply to
Vodnik

Possibly, but do I want to buy another model just for tracks?....But on the other hand it would still be much cheaper option than buying resin tracks. And I have one M107 built ages ago, so I could build a new one to replace it in my collection and use old tracks. YES! :-) That's a GOOD idea!

Now I only need to get some confirmation that this kit has really been reissued and buy it... Thanks for the tip!

-- Regards, Pawel

Visit my webpage:

reviews, galleries etc.

Reply to
Vodnik

And I did it :-)

Now I have brand new M107, so the old one can become a track donor for M110A2. And good news is that Italeri used much better stuff to make tracks, than they used in original kit releases. Now tracks are quite flexible and should be much easier to shape nicely. Still I will have to use stiff tracks from old M107 in my M110A2, but better these than nothing.

I did a little test and compared the length of the tracks that Revell put in M110A2 kit to M107 tracks and I found that they are over half an inch LONGER!!! But they are exactly the same size as Paladin tracks, so they are definitely from Revell's M109G. I have no idea how Revell wanted us to use so much longer tracks on M110 - there is no way to make them fit, other then just cutting them short - but how to glue ends together?...

-- Regards, Pawel

Visit my webpage:

reviews, galleries etc.

Reply to
Vodnik

Glad that things worked out for you Pawel!

JDQ

Reply to
PPT_Ranger