Tu-22 Blinder kit

Hey everyone,

Are there any kits 1/72nd kits of the Tu-22 Blinder currently available? Which one(s) are/were the preferred choices? And for what reasons?

Reply to
Greg Heilers

The only injection 1/72 Blinders were done by ESCI, but are OOP. The kit came in two versions, a bomber and a missile carrier.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams

I am not too picky....what about non-injection? How are the (if any) resin or vac-form kits? I remember seeing an article, years ago, on the Nova kit. It looked quite good in the article. I got about 75% through their Vulcan and Su-15 kits, and was impressed....

Reply to
Greg Heilers

What were the old ESCI TU-22 models have now been taken over by Italeri,,,They also make the TU-26, Both of which can be procured rather easily these days......Plus if you cannot find them at any Hobby Shop, there is the always ready E-bay, but Prices vary from High to Extravagant depending on the seller and location....Trooper

Reply to
Trooper McVey

Italeri reissued the Tu-22M/Tu-26 Backfire kit. I don't believe they reissued the Blinder, which is still somewhat hard to find and usually expensive when you do.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams