M3 SMG in 1/35

I need several M3 "grease guns" for a diorama, and only found 1 in my spares box. Is there a figure or accessory set that includes this weapon?

Reply to
Joe Jefferson

A few sets include the grease gun. The old Tamiya US US Infantry Weapons set #35121 came with two of them (parts #31 & 32).

Dragon's US Tank Crew (NW Europe 1944) set #6054 comes with one (parts #1 &

2).

Dragon's M1A1HA w/ Tank Crew comes with one as well. It is kit #3517.

The modern US Tank Crew is also sold separately as kit #3020 and is part A9.

Those are the kits I have that include the grease gun, there may be others that I missed.

Rob Gronovius Modern US armor at

Rob Gronovius

I believe Italeri has it in ww2 weapons set.

-- Vedran Kalamiza

Vedran Kalamiza

Thanks. I'll look for these.

Reply to
Joe Jefferson

Aaahhh, The M3! That's the source of my Tinnitus (ringing of the ear). In the old days the Army didn't stress hearing protection. We qualified on a Wednesday and it was Saturday before I could hear clearly again, and then this strange little ringing noise began to intrude into my consciousness.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

a gibson tuber turned to 11 gave me my little friend that never goes away. yours get worse with fatigue and stress?

Reply to
someone

Yes! I have noticed that.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

when i get the roar, time for rest or sleep.

Reply to
someone

Well, you could have had some idiot empty a .357 with 125 HP's within 4 inches of your face like happened to me............ In what I thought was considerable constraint, I didn't make him suck on my 6.5 ax 55........ (what I was using that day)

BTW, you do realize that there are less than 2 dozen M 3's in private hands ? Probably the most expensive and hard to find subgun one could ever hope to acquire. (but still not the Holy Grail like an MG 42 :)

The most insidious small arms muzzle blast to me has to be a long barreled 22 250 (40gr @ 4150+ fps) Makes a drawn out wooshing sound. After a while I noticed everything else getting quieter.......

Reply to
AM

NSAIDS (ibuprofen etc.) seem to make mine worse. Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

I'd have to say either a Kar98k with type sS ball (real ammo, not the commercially available downloded stuff) or 12ga loaded with BP (sounds like an artillery piece going off).

Reply to
Ron

any vascular constrictor does, sez my dr.

Reply to
someone