Russian tank track color?

Try a non-descript, darkish, grayish, slightly rust-brownish, color, with a suggestion of metallic nature. Also incorporate the color of the groundwork into it. Like all things that get used in the great outdoors, tank tracks will show *many* colors.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

They are the same dark green as the hull when they come out of the factory.

After that ... let your imagination run wild.

Reply to
Felix D.

Felix D. wrote: : : They are the same dark green as the hull when they come out of the factory. : Interesting. I have to ask why the factory would paint the vehicle with the tracks in place, or for that matter, why the factory would bother with painting the tracks seperately.

With the manganese in them. they are not going to rust to any extent unpainted.

For fresh tracks, my favorite base coat is Testors Metalizer in the Titanium color. Nice metalic dark black.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

Are they the same dark green as the hull, black, what? The question at the moment is specifically for a KV-1B.

Reply to
Disco58

Greg--Thanks, but I was looking more for the factory base color for a starting point before I weathered them, unless that's pointless. This is my first foray into armor in about 37 years or so, so I'm somewhat clueless.

Hmm, that sounds like a lot of the Ford colors for the last twenty years!

Reply to
Disco58

lol the whole tank was spray painted ..all outside .attachments etc .just sprayed all the same colour ..............

Reply to
Ozmoddler