salon-maquette this last weekend in Paris

I was up in Paris this weekend with my wife to meet and show around her family. Notied the big metro poster that there was a show going on too. So while they all went to the Louvre I headed over and was a little let down. The few displays were amazing, but very little. Most of the show was seriously directed toward rail road and RC.

That being said, I had a great time. I only wih I had known about it sooner, and would have liked to meet up with Chris. But I am assuming he also was there for some reason. And I still found a few things I couldn't live without.

Otherwise, just wanted to give my perspective on it, and letting you guys know that I don't think you missed anything. Three more months andd we're comming home.

Rich

Reply to
Rich

And in what way was this bad? In case you hadn't noticed RR modelling is very much a form of "scale-modelling" (and some R/C models as well).

Kim

Reply to
kim

Rich a présenté l'énoncé suivant :

Hi Rich,

I am sorry that we haven't been able to meet up, but I did not go to Paris: I had an accident of motorcycle and I am totally blocked at home even for a long time.

On the other hand friends of me went there, and returned very disappointed: this salon is not any more at all interesting for the scale modellers. Other are much more interesting, as the magnificent "retro-mobile" for example, or even for the military modellers, Saumur which will take place soon.

Cheers

Reply to
Flying Frog

I am not dispariging the rail roaders. It is not my interest, but do realize what you are saying. I was expecting more of a static scale show and competition, but it was more of a catch all.

Did not intend to hurt any feelings.

Rich

Reply to
Rich

Evidently there are no armour fans on this newsgroup. The Salon in Paris this weekend was notable for one thing expecially: Tamiya has debuted their upcoming Char B 1 main battle tank of the 1940 French army. They had two built-up models with display of the parts on trees as well. It's slated for mid-year release. That is certainly significant news!

Reply to
Brian Burr Chin

Dans son message précédent, Brian Burr Chin a écrit :

No you are wrong, I like armour... but I think the new Renault B1B isn't enough to justify a salon... even I love this battle tank. Go to my website and you will see how I like it: there is a complete walkaround, interior and exterior of this tank!

But, I repeat, for armour in France Saumur Contest is very, very much interesting. I know this salon from a very long time (I contributed 27 years ago with Sherman, and often after this one in several categories), but I let it down since 15 years, because it is no more a salon for scale modellers, but for RC modellers and trains fans.

Reply to
Flying Frog