Hobby Shops/Clubs in New Jersey

Hey all I've just move to Ft Dix and am searching for some new hobby stores and a club in the local area. I mostly build aircraft and armor. Any help would be appreciated!

Reply to
SkyCop02

Closest one is the Air Hobby Shop on Rte 38 in Mount Holly. Little light on the armor side, he mainly carries aircraft and refers to tank kits as targets.

Several malls in the area have Allied Hobbies shops. Decent selection and usually they had good clearance aisles and side walk sales when the malls did. There is one in the Burlington Mall, Freehold Mall, Deptford Valley Mall and the Cherry Hill Mall.

On the way to Freehold, just past 6 Flags there is the 6 Flags outlet mall and inside there was a K-B Toys liquidators. They carried a sporadic assortment, but did have some great prices. Mainly closeout AMT/Ertl and Revell-Monogram models.

Red Bank had another hobby shop that is sort of a mecca for armor guys. Don;t recall the name off hand, but it is up towards Ft. Monmouth, probably 45 minutes away.

There is an AMPS chapter somewhere and they held a show at the NJ NG high-tech center a few years ago.

There's also an annual swap meet at the Holiday Inn at Runnemeade.

I was the ops officer for the 78th BPG from 99-01. Rob Gronovius Modern US armor at

Rob Gronovius