Searching for a book title.

Gentlemens,

I'm passing this on to the brains trust - 5-6 years ago, I read a 'scholarly work' about the last days of Berlin in WW2. In that book was a list of the artillery pieces the Germans had to defend the city with, and the general area of emplacement.

It was borrowed from the local library, which seems to have suffered a pogrom of anything that is actually useful in regards to military history, so I can't just go back and re-discover it on the shelves, because it ain't there no more. (I know, I've looked.)

My request - any ideas on what the title may be? I can tell you that it IS NOT Antony Beevor's 'Berlin the downfall 1945', which I have just re-read (lots of 'last days' diorama ideas in there by the way). Any and all suggestions greatfully received, as always.

Thanks RobG (the Aussie one)

Reply to
RobG

Hi there Ron.

Could it be 'THE LAST BATTLE' by Cornelius Ryan (1966)? Th4e ISBN is

0450044335

Cheers from Peter

Reply to
Master Gunner

It could be Peter, although it doesn't ring a bell - I get the feeling that it was a bit more modern than '66. I'll look it up all the same, thanks.

RobG (the Aussie one)

Reply to
RobG