[Ship] H.M.A.S. Sydney - first photos up..

The Finding Sydney Foundation have put the first photos of the wreck up on their site:

like the belt armour kept out the German 5.9s, but the rest of the ship took a beating - particularly the way "A" and "B" turrets have been demolished. I'd like to see the Director hit (apparently a shell went right through) as I understand it was a 75mm AT gun that did the initial damage to the bridge area.

Regards

Moramarth

Reply to
Moramarth