Quality of Fujimi Ship Kits ??

Before I spend $140 for the Kongo, I would appreciate some comments on their kits...

thx - Craig

crw59

On Apr 5, 11:52=EF=BF=BDpm, " snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net" wrot= e:

"It's the best 1/700/1/350 __________ available, but then it's the ONLY 1/700/1/350 __________ available."

Reply to
tomcervo

yep, I guess I gotta go with this one, the 1/700 kits are just too small for these eyes...Hey, its only money!

Craig

Reply to
crw59

that one is pretty small, too, but 1/700 is braille scale. looks like you could really but do some finishing on it and make it look really good. the built one in the ad is too clean and pretty. hey, go for it.

Reply to
someone

the 1/350 kit comes out to around 22.5 inches. I think I can still focus enough to see that.

Reply to
crw59

sure you can! i'm actually doing a couple of 1/72 ac without a seeing eye tube of glue.

Reply to
someone

I think I can put you at rest with regard to issues about quality: the Kongo promises to be either very good like the Aoshima Takao's at reasonable price, or extremely good and detailed like Hasegawa's Nagato (sans the crappy hull) at much higher cost. The pre-release castings look excellent, and while I will not touch Hasegawa's Nagato with a 20 foto pole, I will buy Fujimi's Kongo.

Fujimi has had a poor reputation, deservedly so, for shoddy detailing, high cost, and reselling old molds with "extra details" for high prices. This kit should restore some confidence that they respect the customer (i.e., believe in expanding their business rather than living off the idiots who buy a kit from them once only).

Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug

But, hey, I wish you luck. Here's a preview:

tomcervo

so they are the japanese ki-tech? i would'nt urinate on a hasecrapa kit unless high octane were forthcomeing. i which case i surely wouldn't waste it on on a hasecrapa kit. you guys watching the yonny dipp willy wonka? some goof modeling there.

Reply to
someone