Slightly O/T Power Tool Question

I have a 2" chop saw that works great on metal and wood but it runs a little too fast for plastic. I would like to "dial it down". I think
at lower speed it would work great on plastic as well. I have seen the foot pedal type rheostats but I was wondering if anyone sells one with a knob / dial that I can plug it into and set it at a low speed.
Count DeMoney wrote:

I obviously don't know where you are in the world but these things....
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?ItemnumberC060
...are readily available for woodworking routers and other power tools. I have a similar one to control the cutter speed on a CNC router/engraver I built and it works very well.
--
Larry Green

Thanks Larry,
That's exactly what I am looking for. We have a Harbor Freight here locally.

Taking this thread a bit off-topic, Model Expo is now selling a modeler's drill press for seventy bucks. I have been looking for a little drill press for my modeling bench for some time, and recently took a flyer and ordered it without seeing any reviews.
It is okay. Base casting is a little rough, but that does not affect the operation. The drill has a "speed control", but it is the poorest part of the system. HOWEVER, drilling does not require super-good speed control, and it is adequate, though just, for drilling plastic, wood, and brass. I have no idea what technology (resistive or solid state chopping) the speed control uses.
Be careful, the motor on the saw must be a brush type motor for any of the speed controls you are looking at to work. If it is a brush motorm, the Harbor Freight router speed control, or a fceiling fan motor speed controller will work.
OTOH if the motor is induction, split phase, capacitor run etc these devgices will not work and may harm the motor.