SMO Flyer for October

Just got my Squadron Flyer for October. Nothing spectacular but I guess it depends on what you're looking for.

MB

Reply to
Milton Bell

Must be nice. I don't have September's yet. Maybe tomorrow. :(

Reply to
Frank May

Got mine yesterday as well (9/29)...

Frank Kranick IPMS/USA 20352

Milt> Just got my Squadron Flyer for October. Nothing spectacular but I guess it

Reply to
The Kranicks

I threw my postcard notice away. I have no intention of paying for the catalog & sups & never getting the sups in a timely manner if at all. If they give me a catalog, cool. If not, that's cool too. I refuse to believe that out of all the mail I do get, the fault of not getting my sups timely goes to the USPS. And this is tough, 'cause here's one time I'm somewhat defending the USPS! :)

Reply to
Frank May

I will stand up for the U.S.P.S. anytime. Of course, I've been overseas on various TDY's/deployments enough to have experience with really bad postal services. Believe me, the U.S.P.S. is a model that the rest of the world aspires to. These people who are complaining should go to India or Pakistan for a while and learn what bad really is.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

I'm amazed, I received my october supp. yesterday. It usually doesn't arrive before the 10th as way up north as here (Montreal).

Dom

Reply to
Dominique Durocher

Got mine here in Germany today, and yes - it's the October flyer!

Burkhard Domke Aviation Images - Aircraft in Detail

Burkhard Domke

I'm still awaiting mine. :(

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

why botherwaiting ?,.i just got my sept. one on oct. 4th,.anyway most of the same stuff month to month,. but i can go on the hyperscale site and link up to squadrons website and do all the looking you need to for any month and the best part about hyperscales website message boards is there isnt one complaint about the SMO supplements not being on time!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
RLGIRSCH

Squadron's website does not reflect the sale prices advertised in the supplements!

Why would you need to go to Hyperscale to get to Squadron's site?

What the hell does you not finding any complaints about the Squadron flyer on Hyperscale have to do with anything? If there was ever any threads about it on there you'd likely never read them anyway, because you'd never find them as they'd get quickly buried under pages of other posts just like everything else on there. Besides anything highly critical of Squadron would stand a chance of being deleted anyway as they pay the bills over there. Hyperscale is not a utopia, in fact in many ways it's worse than RMS, notably navigation and the lack of an archive (other than sept-nov 2001). The people that hang out there are the same ones that were/are here with perhaps three very notable exceptions who don't even post here anymore. I personally just don't see the big deal. Don't get me wrong it is a nice site and there is good stuff on the board, I am a regular reader, though I don't post there often.

John Benson ------------------------ IPMS El Paso Web Guy

John Benson

Wouldn't this be more of a problem with the USPS than with Squadron? Rob Gronovius Visit my motor pool in the

gallery

Reply to
Rob Gronovius

How dare you confuse the issue with facts?

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Ah, instant gratification. Nope, I prefer to look forward to its arrival. Sometimes anticipation can be half the fun. Back in the '50s and '60s when we only had the 3 networks and one of them ran movies in primetime I remember the anticipation I had all week for the showing of "El Cid". I have it now on tape and can put it in the VCR anytime I want to but I haven't seen it in a while. I guess because I can look at it when I want to, I don't want to as much. It's not logical but it is.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Not any more. It came today. :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

I dunno. As I've said before, I get so much mail, & in a timely manner even, I still have trouble believing this particular problem is with the USPS. I do have occasional problems with packages, but rarely paper stuff, except SMO's sup. Doesn't matter, I doubt I'll get any after this month anyway.

Reply to
famvburg

Son! Somebody at the U.S. Post Office doesn't like you! :-)

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

This won't make anyone happy, I guess, but I was quite surprised to discover my October one had dropped through the door on October 3rd.

...and I'm in England! ;-)

Bestest, M.

Reply to
Matt Bacon