Sopwith SE 5 propeller blades 2 or 4

I have the old Limberg 1-48 with a 4 bladed prop but the references I have found show a 2 bladed prop

Is the 4 one correct too?

Thanks

Jose

Reply to
amaurygrea

According to:

Additionally, a new four blade screw was fitted to the S.E.5a.

Seems the SE5 had conventional 2 blade, while the 5a had the four???

couldn't find anything more authoritative however

Reply to
OldSchool

There were a couple of different engines used for the SE-5. It may be that the propeller was different for each engine.

Two engines I know of were the Wolsley and the Hisso.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

The old Profile booklet said that some early SE 5a had the four blade setup, but didn't come out and say that the Hispano ones did and the Wolsley didn't, and the pic show some craft sporting the 4 with the early short exhaust piprs, and some with the later long style, so its possible there was mix and matching in the field.

About the only way to be sure is find a pic and model off that.

** mike **
Reply to
mike