Special colour schemes

geez, i thought my 11 walruses and 14 he-111's was obsessive..but i bow to the master...

I'm making a serious attempt to catch you up. I have 4 ! :-D

But... I have 21 unbuilt kits, each one with a decal sheet assigned to it. I have three more Fujimi FG1s on the way from Japan and as soon as the Hasegawa F-4J and F-4F are released in this country I shall be ordering 7 of the former and 4 of the latter. In addition to the Spitfires, Hunters and F-16s that I have lined up, I reckon that little lot will keep me going for about six years.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

i have about 15 lanc kits and versions. but no 1/48 which i would build first.

Yeah, I have a lot of finished Phantoms. So what? Why should it be about bigger, more, faster, higher, better etc.?? Shouldn't it be more about doing what you want in your modeling world and just enjoying what you choose to do?

I build the models I want, in the markings that interest me and generally have a really good time doing it. It just seems to happen that I focus on a few different types and then choose color schemes that I like for that bird.

One thing that I did not plan on when I started doing the same bird over and over with just different colors or markings was that the display case and the variety in it actually helps determine what the next project will be. What will look good in there, what colors? Where will it fit best and show off the markings. Also is satisfying to add that project to the shelf when it is done and just sit back and admire what you have done.

Norm

Reply to
Norm Filer

Yep, beats my 18 F-104s.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I generally prefer more colourful schemes but I generally use the kit decals so it all depends what the kit decals are like. I have some aftermarket anniv ersary schemes that add a bit of colour to my collection.

I usually do not build more that one version of a particular plane.

Cheers Ultan

Reply to
Ultan Rooney

No problem here, Norm. If you enjoy what you're doing then you are doing it right.

Now that worries me a little. The ex-wife used to buy books because of the colour of the cover. I had some really great books that I couldn't read because I would mess up the decorating scheme by moving them. I got a lot of reading caught up when she left. ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Norm, when you showed your Phantoms at that lobby display at the Museum of Flight, it really made it work. Gorgeous models of flamboyant planes!

--- Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

Exactly! That's the very essence of modelling! It's *your* hobby and it should be about what *you* want.

As I've said before, I like to build variations on a theme. There are just so many variants with the F-4. The differences between an early F-4B and a late F-4G are immense and yet the aircraft look superficially similar. That's what makes it so interesting as a modelling subject.

Spitfires are also as interesting, in my opinion. The Spitfire I and the Spitfire F.24 were almost totally different aircraft, yet both are instantly recognisable as Spitfires. A collection showing the evolution of the design will be fascinating.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

norm, people were poking light hearted fun at you. i have so many lindberg german ac kits it's silly. will i build them all? not during this life.... i have other obsessions....millions of wheat pennies, etc.

Ron Smith

Reply to
eyeball

Stephen Tontoni ha scritto:

Hello Stephen. You're reason. Lately I'm being rather discontinuous in following RMS. At present I'm very busy too, with some small whirlybirds to bring to the UK nationals, plus an Hispano Buchon and a Me.109D for a group build with the friends from IPMS Milano. Hope you best wishes for the contest!

Luca

Reply to
lbeato