Removing Scratches from Clear Parts

I was wondering, how do you go around removing small light scratches from clear plastic parts such as windows?

Reply to
asdf

Hand polish with a piece of used Bounce fabic softener sheet, followed with a hunk of clean flannel to remove any waxy residue.

Reply to
Rufus

If you can get to a beauty supply shop look for the polishing boards with three parts. One of those will get you a long way to removal. Dunking the 'glass' in Future should finish the chore.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I have had success by using MICRO MESH abrasive paper which goes down to

Reply to
JDorsett

For small scratches, I buff them on my pants leg. Denim works the best. For deeper scratches, I wet sand with very fine wet/dry sandpaper, and then buff them on my pants lag.

Reply to
Willshak

Johnson's floor shine will hide the scratches. Also has a million other uses I'm told such as fixing tranparent parts in position without risk of smearing.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Apparently it's good for polishing the floor with as well, but I have my doubts.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

What's the point of polishing a floor? It's only going to get dirty again.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Charles Metz