Suggestion for Airbrushers

The reason for putting the quick release chuck and nipple on the regulator is so that you can remove it from the tank when you take it to your neighborhood gas station for refilling. By removing it you know that it will not be damaged in transit.

Also the airtank has an advantage over a compressor in that it is QUITE. . .

Digital_Cowboy

Reply to
Digital Cowboy

(snip)

Quite? QUITE? Quite what!?! Don't leave us hanging! I have to know

-- it is quite what?

.

..

(whispers in ears...)

Oh, you meant "quiet"...

Nevermind... ;-)

Frank

Reply to
Francis X. Kranick, Jr.

Quite Quiet

Reply to
Wildcat
Reply to
Digital Cowboy

Great suggestion. I made myself one of these set ups for portability. I however fill mine from a bigger compressor in the garage. I don't know about gas stations in your area but around here all stations have those free standing tire inflator compressors. Some are free some cost a quarter. All seem hard pressed to put 35 psi into a freakin tire, so good luck filling a tank to 100 psi or more. Believe me you will go through a tank with 35-40 psi in it very quickly.

Cheers, Max Bryant

Reply to
Max Bryant

Reply to
Digital Cowboy

Better yet... You can rent a CO2 tank and regulater for no more than the air tank setup cost and it will last 100x longer. At least..

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff
Reply to
Digital Cowboy

What you need is one of those 4000 psi tanks of dry Nitrogen. Just don't break off the business end and use a good regulator. :-)

Jim Kle>

Reply to
West Coast Engineering

Wouldn't you end up freezing your airbrush (and your hand) with one of those, from the gas expansion effect?

Reply to
Rob Kelk

(dry nitrogen tanks), from the gas expansion effect?>>

Not with dry nitrogen, which is what I use. Liquid nitrogen could be a real problem though.

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci

Reply to
Disco -- FlyNavy
Reply to
Digital Cowboy
Reply to
Digital Cowboy
Reply to
Digital Cowboy

You know, i tried to go as cheap as possible: i use a Badger, tire adapter & tire, and i fill the tire with a traditional hand pump. You know the ones that stand upright on the ground. I bought a cheap Chinese one (about 12 $) with an air pressure dial. It takes some minutes to fill the tire to 30-40 PSI, takes some effort but not too much, and i am quite a weakling myself.

Sure, i have to pump the tire 2-5 times while painting a model, and a compressor would be way better in every respect, but hey, this is dirt cheap.

Unfortunately i had to get me a new tire, and now the joint between the tire and the Badger regulator leaks like hell, makes no difference how many rubber washers i use. Mysterious :-(

Reply to
juustomestari-poistatämä-
Reply to
Digital Cowboy

Both sound like interesting ideas, thank's, i'll try.

Pertti

Reply to
juustomestari-poistatämä-
Reply to
Digital Cowboy

Excellent suggestion. One Caveate:

Buy and attach a moisture trap/filter to your outflowing line. Filling station compressors are notorious for moisture and other contaminants in the line which would surely foul your airbrushing project.

Reply to
Kaliste Saloom