Airbrush connection conundrum

Hello All,
I'm hoping one of you sagacious fellows with know this:
I have a Badger 150 Airbrush, can someone enlighten me as to what the thread
size is at the attachment point for the air hose. I'm certain it's smaller than M5 as I've check this by trying to screw an M5 connection into it, although this is contary to several web sites suggesting it is M5. I'm struggling to find the thread size listed anywhere else.
Thanks.

If you are just looking for fittings go to the local Home Depot, Lowes, Ace, etc and go to the air tool section. That's where I got all my bits and pieces. The hose that runs from the compressor/tank to the airbrush has the same size female fitting on both ends. I beleive it's the same for all airbrushes and that it is a standard size. If your compressor/tank has the standard spring loaded fitting you just need the small nipple that snaps into it. I got mine as a nipple to male and then a female same size as nipple threaded end to male same size as hose end. Take the hose with you, all the fittings where I shopped where in open bins. A little bit of Teflon tape to in case of leaky threads. Be observant there are 2 types of nipple, I couldn't tell you the difference right now but they do not interchange.
If you "have" to know the size just call Badger.
Frank
on 7/29/2009 11:55 AM (ET) Catenary wrote the following:

If you are talking about the fitting at the compressor, it is 1/4 NTP. If you are talking about the small fitting at the airbrush, I don't know. If you find out let me know. :-)
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
willshak wrote:

But, airbrush manufacturers offer a reducer to reduce 1/4 PT to that small thread on the end of the hose- many hobby shops carry those reducers. Several manufacturers of airbrushes use the same thread for that.
on 7/30/2009 10:09 AM (ET) Don Stauffer wrote the following:

Thanks for that info. I bought a cheapo air brush that had a compression fitting at the airbrush rather than the Badger type brass fitting. I Have 5 airbrushes, mostly Badger. Sometimes, it is more efficient to change the airbrush with the different color paint than to clean the airbrush to apply the next color. Then I clean them all at once.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Cheers,
Nigel

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4289 (20090729) __________
http://www.eset.com
Catenary wrote:

Metric Fine Thread, M5x0.5
Thanks guys for your adivce.
I measured, sort of, the thread size last night and got about 0.5mm pitch. I thought M5 only came in one thread pitch of 0.8mm, However, the table I was looking at has a continuation for fine threads which I hadn't noticed eariler!
So, my bargin 1/8"BSP to M5 adaptor, purchased at a princely sum of 0.41 can now be used as a fishing line weight! Looks like I'm going to have to fork out for a more expensive adaptor now. I can't beleive one company is charging 4.99 for the adaptor.
Thanks again.

When I was looking for various bits to go between my compressor and badger airbrushes, I went to a welding supply store.
I took along the airbrush, the hose, and the original regulator.
For under $20 (US) I was able to get a large dialed regulator that had easy to read 1 lb. increments (the one that came with the compressor was very tiny and difficult to read the increments), adapters and connectors to allow the compressor end of my hose to be a quick release, and an adapter for the hose to the airbrush.
--
snipped-for-privacy@food.skaterat.net
All foods should be removed to reply

Site Timeline