airbrush help needed

Hey gang, This is my first time with a dual action action airbrush and I'm having some problems. My brush is a Badger 150 and I'm Gunze aqueous colors. My problem is I'm getting a a kind of spatter effect every so often. By spatter I mean, it's not a big snot of paint flies out but rather what appears to be water or thinner with very little pigment. My brush will be going along fine and then out comes the clearish liquid with little pigment. I've thinned the paint down to about 50/50 with Gunze aqueous thinner and I think my brush is pretty clean as it is disassembled after each use. I'm running about 20-25 psi from my compressor. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Gene DiGennaro Baltimore, Md.

Reply to
genedigennaro

All compressors condense water from the air it takes in. Do you have a water trap on your compressor?

Reply to
Willshak

No I do not have a moisture trap, looks like I'll need one. The thought had entered my mind that a lack of moisture trap might be a problem.

Thanks, Gene

Reply to
genedigennaro