talk about blatant

I saw the Zhengdefu 1:72 weapons set today, not only are they the exact
same weapons as Hasegawa'a 1/48 Weapons B set but they stole the boxart
photo and the paint & glue ventialtion warning cartoon too. Maybe they
want to us to know they at least pantographed their ripoff from a good
set......
Reply to
Ron
Or maybe they paid Hasegawa a tidy sum to copy and downsize it....
Reply to
JC Hayes
As far as I know, they have stopped the production already.
Reply to
Tomcatter
Didn't you know: Zhengdefu is Chinese for "Crappy Copy"? ;-) Larry Engesath
Reply to
Larry Engesath
Actually it's 'accurate replica', i.e. what every other model compnay claims also :-) And hey, I bought a couple of the cheapo airliners, and they were nice to build! So there...
Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug
How did the company UM come up with their name?
They were sitting around the table trying to come up with a name and one guy kept muttering "Um. Um. Um."
So they named it Um just to shut him up. :-)
Tom
Reply to
Maiesm72
He was probably chanting 'Om' but he had an accent. :) What do they make?
Bill Banaszak, MFE
Reply to
Bill Banaszak