Tamiya 89732 P-51 w/ Staff Car - Only in 1/48 ?????

Crud. Still no 1/35 US Staff Car ? All three of the German cares have been made, Kubel/Schwimwagen, Horch, etc.

Not even Monty's Humber is in 1/35.

Is 1/48 the new model trend ? Hasegawa added a staff car with a Fw190 recently

Why no 1/35 US Staff Car???

Craig

Reply to
crw59

snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net wrote: : : Crud. Still no 1/35 US Staff Car ? All three of the German cares have : been made, Kubel/Schwimwagen, Horch, etc. : As has just about any and all possible varients of the Bf-109. What is the secret? Balkenkreutz. : : Not even Monty's Humber is in 1/35. : No, but there is one in 1/32. : : Is 1/48 the new model trend ? Hasegawa added a staff car with a Fw190 : recently : Tamiya, through their inablility/refusal to bring out 1/35 kits, was seeing Dragon and Trumpeter eating their lunch, so they "re- discovered" 1/48 scale armor. After all, Bandai had been very active in this scale "back when".

I don't see Dragon abandoning the 1/35 scale marketplace, but a slowdown in their offerings would be welcomed. Trumpeter also shows no sign of slowing down, but finishing the KV line would also be welcomed. : : Why no 1/35 US Staff Car??? : In all seriousness, licensing may be a problem. This licensing crapola is what it is, but companies can get away with it, so we are stuck with it - at least, until we transport all lawyers and politicians (a sub-species of lawyerus contemptious) to the moon, sans oxygen.

The other problem, as I mentioned above, is a lack of black crosses to sell them.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden