Tank tracks

Is it only me ....or are most individual tracks for Tanks ..just to much hard work........for no great result.

Reply to
Arcusinoz

"Arcusinoz" wrote

For "dead" or "dry pin" and "flat" tracks they are very nice, pretty much required, and not that much work, in comparison. Single piece sets like the Academy Pz IV and Tamiya Panther only took about four hours total, each. Some of the Modelkasten sets are too complicated to be worthwhile. For "live" track, as on Shermans, there is little gained except in detail. Trumpeter's new KV series uses link and length tracks which are molded with the proper sag in place on the top runs. Esci also used L&L tracks. These are the desirable solution, I think, for live tracks, and perfectly acceptable for others.

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

"Kurt Laughlin" wrote in news:5S2Le.2$L27.1@trndny04:

What do you mean, "live tracks"? I have some armor waiting for me to feel confident enough about my skills to dive in, some have one-piece vinyl and some have single links. Any info is good info.

TF

Reply to
TForward

"TForward" wrote

Live track has (generally) rubber bushings in the track blocks where the pins go. The bushings are keyed to the track pins such that twisting of the track pins is resisted by the bushings. Also (generally) the pins are keyed such that two loose track blocks will be preset to a

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

"Kurt Laughlin" wrote in news:J7eLe.402$L27.217@trndny04:

Thanks very much.