That was a fun load of frieght !

I've been driving 18 wheelers for about 15 years now. I'm also an avid plastic model builder in my spare time ( which I don't get enough of ). Most of the freight I haul is pretty mundane boring stuff. Canned goods, paper ( lots of paper ), furniture etc. Anyway, I was in Chicago this week picking up a load coming back home to the Dallas/Ft.Worth area. When I was talking to dispatch and saw the name of the shipper I said to myself " Holy cow , I know this company ! ". For security reasons I will not give the name ... but this is a model company you all know very well. And I took it to a model dealer you all know very well also. It was a whole load ( 26 pallets ) of a ship model soon to be released. Around 1200 kits in all ! I was talking to the lady who unloaded the truck and I told her I estimated the cost of all the kits I had on-board was around $100,000. She smiled and said " yup, that's about right ".

" If you bought it ... a truck brought it "

Think of me when you guys/gals get your Christmas goodies under the tree this year. =]

Chris

Reply to
CCBlack

Ron Smith

Let me guess....What is R/M & MMD for a thousand.

Reply to
Hawkeye

it belongs on rails, not in my face! also, nuke rv's!

:-)

Well, my credit card went from 'pending' to 'completed' for my pre-order with Squadron for the Gato. Even with all the subterfuge and cloak-and-dagger stuff, I'd say it's a good bet the FedEx man will be darkening my doorway sometime soon. Thanks for the heads-up, Chris... BTW, I pre-ordered this last December. It's been quite a wait but I'm a modeler - I've got loads of patience. Yeah, right! ;-)

Frank Kranick

CCBlack wrote:

Reply to
Francis X. Kranick, Jr.

I got my MMD flyer today (at my business) & it listed the Gato as being available Nov. 8, at least to us wholesale customers.

Francis X. Kranick, Jr. wrote:

Reply to
frank

Oh, like you'd start right in on it. You know it has to sit in the stash for several years for the proper amount of aging.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr. ;)

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Indeed! Perhaps not as long as the Revell U-Boat but these things simply cannot be rushed! Hehehehe...

Frank Kranick (hoisted on his own styrene petard)

Reply to
Francis X. Kranick, Jr.