the detailer

i bought a bottle of the stuff and it comes out yellow. doesn't seem to flow well. an i doing something wrong?

If it's what I think it is, it's thin paint you can use to wash areas for sunken details. Originally for car modelers for grilles and such. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

They've got several colors; what does yours say? Did you shake or stir first? hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

It's an thinned acrylic-based wash.

---Scott

e wrote:

Reply to
Scott Nagle

Tried some of it several years back, when the mfr sent samples to our model car club, works as advertised.

However, if one has a stock of Tamiya acrylic (bottled stuff), black, clear, clear blue, clear green, one can easily mix up the colors as needed.

Detailer black acts (and smells) as if it is really gloss black extended with some clear, the windshield tint color appears to be pretty much a blend of clear green, a bit of clear blue, extended with some clear.

My .02 worth

Reply to
Amodlra

it says it's black? i don't get it.

the stuff i got is yellow. under a price label was a rust sticker. and it doesn't do much of anything.

I'm slightly confused, it says yellow on the label or comes out of the bottle yellow?

The sticker said "rust" or was colored rust? I'm not familiar with the entire line, perhaps they have a system that includes a powder that works with the paint. If you shook/stirred it and it only produces yellow I'd say you've got a bad/old bottle. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

yeah, me either. it goes on and stays yellow.

sticker said rust and it is yellow no matter what you do to it.

Thanks for the elucidation; I'd say you have a bad bottle. You can paint over silver or foil and make parking/turn signal lights. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

if i built cars.

The Detailer products are made, and sold, primarily for car builders.

As for the "rust" being yellow, well on a chrome bumper, for example, rust stains do show up as a brownish-yellow stain.

Reply to
Amodlra

there's 3 bucks wated.