The German

As copied from a Yahoo Newsgroup.....
The German is a short film about a British and German fighter pilot who eng=
age in a dogfight over Ireland in World War Two. Their battle continues on =
the ground once they both crash land. The ending has an interesting twist t=
hat I wasn=92t aware of in all the years I=92ve studied WWII history.

Regards,
John Braungart
Reply to
The Old Man
the german presense in ireland? did the ira smuggle the german out?
Reply to
someone
snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote the following:
Ireland was Neutral during WWII. The IRAs sympathies were with the Germans tho.
Reply to
willshak
The enemy of my enemy?
Regards, John Braungart
Reply to
The Old Man
willshak wrote in news:BdKdnTVbDKdpskDTnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@supernews.com:
Something on the Military Channel recently, Collaborators or something like that. I guess if you hate enough you'll side with the Devil.
Reply to
Gray Guest
ngage in a dogfight over Ireland in World War Two. Their battle continues o= n the ground once they both crash land. The ending has an interesting twist= that I wasn=92t aware of in all the years I=92ve studied WWII history.
sounds like the scifi movie enemy within..
Reply to
Musicman59
Do you mean "Enemy Mine"? Starred Dennis Quade and Louis Gossett Jr. in incredible makeup.
Regards, John Braungart
Reply to
The Old Man
And speaking of films...
I've been looking for one - a comedy that was named (I think) "The Best of Enemies." As I recall, it starred David Niven as a British officer and some Italian comic (whose name I can't remember) as an Italian officer. It supposedly took place in North Africa. It was in color. And that's all I can remember about it, except that I thought it was quite funny at the time.
Can anyone give me some direction as to finding a DVD?
Thanks,
Andy
Reply to
Andy
Andy wrote the following:
Apparently, it was never released for sale. Scroll down to 'Member Comments' on the above site for more info. One mentions a PAL release (non US TV NTSC format). Another mentions a DVD-R (obviously a Pirated copy).
Reply to
willshak
Andy wrote in news:3b1ee02f-7b1c-4a84-8542- snipped-for-privacy@32g2000yqp.googlegroups.com:
Ya could look it up on IMDB.COM to verify the name. If you can't get the name right, try looking at the filmography of Niven. Yes that's the messy way, but it usually works.
Then start with Amazon and eBay.
Reply to
Gray Guest
Andy wrote the following:
I found a seller. $10.00 US + $5.00 shipping
don't know the legality of this DVD.
Reply to
willshak
willshak wrote the following:
More

willshak
I always enjoyed "What did yu do in the war, Daddy?", with the recently-passed Harry Morgan as a hard-core colonel going slowly nutz while lost in the catacombs....
Regards, John Braungart
Reply to
The Old Man
don't forget the john lennon movie, too.
Reply to
someone
"How I Won the War."
Reply to
rwalker
yes, excellent, you guys are back on your game. who's buying at the international house of charbohydrates?
Reply to
someone