The German

As copied from a Yahoo Newsgroup.....
The German is a short film about a British and German fighter pilot who engage in a dogfight over Ireland in World War Two. Their battle continues on the ground once they both crash land. The ending has an interesting twist that I wasnt aware of in all the years Ive studied WWII history.
    http://biggeekdad.com/2011/11/the-german /
Regards, John Braungart
snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com wrote:

the german presense in ireland? did the ira smuggle the german out?
snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote the following:

Ireland was Neutral during WWII. The IRAs sympathies were with the Germans tho.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On Monday, December 5, 2011 3:56:28 PM UTC-5, willshak wrote:

The enemy of my enemy?
Regards, John Braungart

Something on the Military Channel recently, Collaborators or something like that. I guess if you hate enough you'll side with the Devil.
--
Words of wisdom

What does not kill you... probably didn't cause enough tissue damage.
And speaking of films...
I've been looking for one - a comedy that was named (I think) "The Best of Enemies." As I recall, it starred David Niven as a British officer and some Italian comic (whose name I can't remember) as an Italian officer. It supposedly took place in North Africa. It was in color. And that's all I can remember about it, except that I thought it was quite funny at the time.
Can anyone give me some direction as to finding a DVD?
Thanks,
Andy
Andy wrote the following:

www.imdb.com/title/tt0054678/ Apparently, it was never released for sale. Scroll down to 'Member Comments' on the above site for more info. One mentions a PAL release (non US TV NTSC format). Another mentions a DVD-R (obviously a Pirated copy).
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Ya could look it up on IMDB.COM to verify the name. If you can't get the name right, try looking at the filmography of Niven. Yes that's the messy way, but it usually works.
Then start with Amazon and eBay.
--

Andy wrote the following:

I found a seller. $10.00 US + $5.00 shipping http://www.sell.com/2442BC I don't know the legality of this DVD.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
willshak wrote the following:

More https://www.google.com/search?q ay+%22the+best+of+enemies%22+dvd
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Regards, John Braungart
snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com wrote:

don't forget the john lennon movie, too.
On Sat, 10 Dec 2011 22:21:15 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@some.domain ( snipped-for-privacy@some.domain) wrote:

"How I Won the War."

yes, excellent, you guys are back on your game. who's buying at the international house of charbohydrates?

sounds like the scifi movie enemy within..
On Thursday, December 8, 2011 3:15:55 PM UTC-5, Musicman59 wrote:

Do you mean "Enemy Mine"? Starred Dennis Quade and Louis Gossett Jr. in incredible makeup.
Regards, John Braungart