Tornado versus C-130

Check out the aftermath photos from a tornado that dropped into the airbase home of the 166 Airlift Wing, DE ANG. It is a less-than-subtle reminder of the power of mother nature! Check 'em out at

Michael Benolkin

Saw some on the Philly TV stations. It resembled the aftermath of kids playing airplanes. IIRC, that was an F2 funnel.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

OK Who thought this was about Panavia Tornados?

Reply to
Martin

er me........first thing that enterd my head

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

I did; the C-130 would have been much worse off though.

Reply to
JP Wade

I wouldn't think you have much experience with those violent winds where you live, Jules. ISTR reading that most of them happen here in North America. They're becoming all too common here in the Northeast lately.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Err, me too. Not much of a contest, I'd have thought. Now, if you'd written "Cyclone vs C-130", I wouldn't have thought of the Wright aero engine AT ALL, no-siree Bob. :)

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

I remember the hurricane of 86, when i was a wee lad.........

I also live on one of the highest parts of my town, usually windy here, often does damage. never floods tho :-)

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

Or Hurricane...Whirlwind... anyone got any more? Typhoon.......

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

the no name hurricane that inspired the storm movie hit my back yarrd, took down a 90' red oak without hitting a building. if that tree had fallen over, it could NOT miss a building, but the hurricane took it down and laid it neatly in the yard. lost a phone line and became a believer in nature.

Reply to
someone

Roundy-round winds but much bigger area covered and hurricanes can spawn tornadoes. Indeed, that's where this mentioned storm originated.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Also - C130 is a Hercules isn't it?