[UK] Heads up. TV programme on Airfix Friday 7pm.

She was so cool; both Steed and Mrs. Peel could save the world without getting their clothes wrinkled or their hair mussed. ;-)

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Pat Flannery said the following on 12/12/2007 20:20:

I'd like the Assassination Bureau version of her (and IIRC, Claudia Cardinale?) in one short scene, both getting dressed for dinner and in black lingerie, stockings and suspenders/garterbelt.

C'mon Airfix. Forget the BBC faffing about and go after other characters.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

I have the movie on VHS tape; that was indeed quite the scene:

other woman was Anabella Incontrera. In fact there are several women running around in the movie barely clothed and the movie itself is very funny and clever. For Mrs. Peel looking really scandalous, check her out in the Avengers episode "A Touch Of Brimstone" about the Hellfire Club:
not only shocked Steed, it got the episode banned from early releases in the U.S. Even the BBC drew the line about the time she put down the snake and got her whip out. :-D

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Checkout "Soft Beds, Hard Battles" for a lot more of that stuff:

Splitting hairs here but The Avengers was never a BBC programme.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Yeah, I just checked it out on Wikipedia:

heard of "Associated British Corporation" before.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

It was a consortium of regional TV companies led by Lew Grade which pooled their resources at weekends so as to produce bigger and better shows than any of them could do individually.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Pat Flannery said the following on 15/12/2007 00:32:

I was certainly doing a nice run on BBC4 earlier this year and somehow ended on the the last Mrs. Peel (other insignificant woman passing on stairs episode.)

"His wedding tackle? He likes it shaken - lots and lots!"

Reply to
Richard Brooks

A kindly soul posted this in another newsgroup for me, for anyone interested.

Richard Brooks

on 12/15/2007 3:56 PM Richard Brooks said the following:

What is it? I don't download anything without knowing what it is. Do you?

Reply to
willshak

willshak said the following on 15/12/2007 21:24:

I think the hint is in the title of each file just after the 8 digit folder numbers. Also there is another clue in the Subject header.

I've just downloaded, unzipped and watched part of the programme in AVI format so I suspect that's what it is! ;-)

Reply to
Richard Brooks

on 12/15/2007 5:38 PM Richard Brooks said the following:

It was 'Money Programme' that set me wondering, regardless of what came afterwards. ;-)

Reply to
willshak

willshak said the following on 15/12/2007 22:48:

It's one of those few financial programmes that does not make me fall asleep as soon as the old buzz words come falling out of the sky.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

Interestingly, the show was aired on ABC network here in its first run. In this case it meant American Broadcasting Company.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Hey don't knock it. Whenever I can't sleep I switch to a BBC business report and I'm out cold within 20 mins! :o)

(kim)

Reply to
kim

kim said the following on 16/12/2007 16:02:

I hear it as a mix of Stanley Unwin and the following;

Maybe they should just get Bobcat Goldthwaite to do a series.

Reply to
Richard Brooks