UK Only - Soyrce for Johnson's Kleer?

I have been recommended to use this for gloss finishing airrcraft. Can anyone in the Uk tell me where I can get it??

Thanks

David

Reply to
Trevor Briggs

I have been recommended to use this for gloss finishing airrcraft. Can anyone in the Uk tell me where I can get it??

Thanks

David

Reply to
Trevor Briggs

"I vill only pozt zis once"

B&Q

Reply to
Spencer

Sorry - loggin in trouble with my news server. Thaks for the help.

Reply to
David Pennington

You can get "Kleer" at most supermarkets and hardware shops'don't be tempted to put on too many coats too quickly, leave each coat overnight to be safe to prevent a "crazy paving" effect caused by the underlying coat still being soft. Kleer can be removed with isopropyl alcohol.If when you are decaling and it turns milky don't worry it will usually go back to normal after a while.For your final finish coat you can use any other acrylic varnish or use Humbrol matt or satin varnishes as i have been using with no problems.

Good Luck Ian Collins.

Reply to
ian collins

Your welcome

Spence

Reply to
Spencer

I got mine from Safeways supermarket.

Gordon McLaughlin

Reply to
Gordon McLaughlin

David,

As most poster will reply, any good supermarket should stock it.

But be aware, word on the streets is that UK Kleer is NOT as efficacious as US Kleer.

The UK stuff takes more coats to get a high gloss than its US equivalent.

I haven't done any testing, but those that have swear that a coat of US Kleer (obtained from friends in the US) gives a better gloss finish than a similar coat of the UK brand.

Don't let this put you off though, it is still the modellers friend and has 1001 uses (or am I thinking of a brand of carpet cleaner ??)

Some weirdos even use it to polish their floors !!!!!!

Ken Duffey

Reply to
Ken Duffey

It is a floor polish, so try any large Tesco.

If you can't get it there, try a supplier of flooring/wood floors or laminate floors.

Col.

Spencer wrote:

Reply to
operators