Vacuform Wargame Base Question

Gents, I was hoping someone in the forum might help me identify an item that I'm looking for. I had it as a kid, inherited from an older brother with a box of Roco Minitanks, and Airfix figure sets.

The item is a vacuform ruined building; memory says it was about 8.5" by 11", pretty good sized. The building walls were the edges of the piece, all in ruins, and the interior was also completely wrecked, but the individual rooms could still be distinguished. It had about 10 rooms, with a larger, hall-like space in the middle of one end. It was two level, in the sense that one end of the piece was a little higher, with an internal stairs going down to the lower section. The lower end, on the short side, had a gap in the exterior wall where a tracked vehicle had crashed through - the tread marks were visible in the molding. The higher short end also had a set of exterior entrance stairs.

I've been collection the old Bellona Miniscene pieces via Ebay; these are similar vacuform items, same scale (HO), but all the Bellona pieces appear to have been molded in tan plastic. I distinctly remember this piece as a dark green - similar to the plastic used in the Minitanks vehicles, in fact.

We're probably talking as much as 30 years ago, maybe a few more. I'm hoping someone might remember it, or perhaps a company name that made similar pieces at that time. Or, if anybody can confirm that the Bellona pieces were molded in green as well as tan, that would also be a help. Maybe I'll get really lucky and there's a collector out there that knows exactly what I'm talking about.

For what it's worth, it's not an Airfix or MPC piece. I have catalogs and collections of all those lines, and know it's definitely not there. I don't have any Bellona catalogs, so can't be sure about that.

I'd appreciate it if you could respond to the list directly, rather than to my email.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice,

Chris Kansas City

Reply to
Chris Schultz