Very far OT

Well, here I am on a PC and ö ü ä ë Ø to you. :Þ

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

in article snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com, jerry 47 at snipped-for-privacy@hiwaay.net wrote on 1/2/05 6:59 pm:

Reply to
Rory Manton

There is also

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci EAA # 729686 delete the word spam from email addy

Reply to
TimeTraveler658

It's fairly simple. I hold down the 'Alt' key and type the numbers over at the calculator part on the right of the keyboard.

ö is gotten by Alt 148 ü by Alt 129 ä by Alt 132 ë by Alt 137 Ø by Alt 0216

You can also get ? by Alt o128, ¢ by Alt 0162 and Þ by Alt 0222.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Yes

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Reply to
Derek Shaw

You're welcome Derek. One other: £ by Alt 0163. Comes in handy when talking to the UK. :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

in article snipped-for-privacy@nextline.com, Mad-Modeller at snipped-for-privacy@nextline.com wrote on 2/3/05 1:23 AM:

Bill: I'm an unashamed Mac dude who has to use a PC at the church where I work. Is there a keystroke on the PC for an m-dash? Thanks. Pip Moss I used to feel cheap 'cause I had no signature.

Reply to
Pip Moss

I guess that it the "Umlaut" option differs with what keyboard Layout you are using, on some European layouts they are there, on my Danish layout it's a "press before the letter" option, and Shift gives this hat ^ while ~ comes from AltGr..... But then I also have æ Æ ø Ø å Å that are absent in many other layots.

Reply to
Claus Gustafsen

Y'know, I should remember what an m-dash is. I used to work in printing.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Try Alt 151. Don't have a PC, but that's what's listed in my HTML book.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

in article snipped-for-privacy@nextline.com, Mad-Modeller at snipped-for-privacy@nextline.com wrote on 2/5/05 12:40 AM:

It's a long dash--like twice the length of a hyphen--that you'd use in place of the hyphens I just used.

I'll try alt-151. Thanks, Mark