Way to record our kit stash

Hi all.

Since I've moved I've got models strung out between two houses now so I broke down and took the plunge with a pre made kit database software called KitBase.

You can just get and use the free version and have a nice record of your kit's. The full version adds a few more nice features.

Well after a month or so f using it I do love it. It was quite revealing in that I had no idea that the aftermarket stuff for models I have far outnumbers the kit's themselves ! And I'm a piker compared to a bunch of you, I only have a couple of hundred kit's.

So to anyone who is interested, here is the link for KitBase;

Allan

Reply to
AM

I normally wouldn't reply to my own post but just to head anyone off here...

I just realized that the price is now $44.95

That is a lot for something you can do with a spreadsheet, so I just had to point that out. However the free version does everything you could do with a spreadsheet so for free it's worth it.

The full version is very nice, I like it and it works for me. And the author Gary Marples supports and updates his program and is a very nice guy. The price did go up from when I got it so I had so say something here. Sorry.

It's a great program for lazy people like me, YMMV....

Allan

Reply to
AM

AM wrote: : Hi all. : : : Since I've moved I've got models strung out between two houses now so I : broke down and took the plunge with a pre made kit database software : called KitBase. : Looks interesting. I can see why you wouldn't necessarily want to use a RDB like SQL and implement things yourself. The customized displays are nice.

Does it do armor as well as aircraft? :-)

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

You can record anything. AFV's, Ships, Air aftermarket. And the cross reference it in any way also. (type price location status etc)

I got it quite a few months ago and Gary has already updated it AND was asking users about the changes first.

Allan

Reply to
AM