WB-66 wing bands

I am building a WB-66D 55-398 using Almark decal No S-7.

The instructions tell me that the fuselage and wing bands should be intermediate blue(too gray?) Scale Aircraft Modelling says "Metallic Blue" whatever that means! I don't think it can be insignia blue as the national insignia would not show up against the blue band. I assume a standard colour was used but it could also have been obtained locally ( auto store?). Any help would be gratefully recieved

Cheers Ian (UK)

Reply to
ian collins