Were these planes ever kitted?

I hope this is not a repetition- I posted the question over 24 hours ago and it hasn't shown up, so I assume my message did not make it through, so here goes again.

Did anyone ever kit the following prototype aircraft? Curtiss XP-37 Bell XFM Airacuda Bell XFL-1 Airabonita

I realize the Airabonita and the XP-37 can be converted from P-39 and P-40 kits, but no sense knocking myself out in the conversion if I can find a kit.

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

The XP-37 was as a conversion by Airmodel. It was mostly a nose plug for the Allison engine. The XFL-1 I think was done as an injection kit by a Czech firm (IIRC) The Airacuda was done as a vacuum-formed by Rareplane, of which I have an unbuilt copy. Let me know via e-mail if you'd be interested in making an offer.

Reply to
The Old Man

on 7/23/2007 11:05 AM Don Stauffer in Minnesota said the following:

I answered when it was first posted, but here it is again: All 3 in 1/72 scale. A couple are resin.

XP-37

. Scroll down to CM72045 Bell XFM-1 Airacuda
XFN-1 Airabonita

willshak

That always looked like something that should show up in a movie serial with the Rocketeer flying alongside. :-)

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

look what I found on ebay today... ending in 8 hours from this post, so good luck

----Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

this is not a repetition- I posted the question over 24 hours

Many thanks to all who replied.

Don

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

this is not a repetition- I posted the question over 24 hours

Culled and edited from the ESM 72 database:

BELL XFL-1 Airbonita EXECUFORM Vacuform XFL-1 Airbonita PLANET MODELS Cast Resin XFL-1 Airbonita RS MODELS Cast Resin XFN-1 Arbonita RS MODELS Cast Resin

BELL XFM-1 Airacuda F.E. RESIN & CO. Cast Resin/Cast Metal/Vacuform XFM-1 Airacuda RAREPLANE Vacuform

CURTISS XP-37/H-751 ALLIANCE Cast Resin XP-37 VICTORIA PRODUCTS/V.P. Vacuform Conversion YP-37 BEECHNUT MODELS Injection Moded YP-37 LF MODELS Cast ResinRAREPLANE YP-37/P-40B RAREPLANE Vacuform Conversion YP-37 new mold RAREPLANE Vacuform Conversion

With more on the way.

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72