What makes a tank "male" or "female"? Answered

Schizophrenic?

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I just read in "Wild West" magazine about Bill Hickok. He usually drew both revolvers simultaneously and could accurately shoot with both hands. I'd probably drop the right gun and blow my foot off. ;]

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Bisexual.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

i can shoot with both hands but only aim one. he must have had a very peculair brain.

Reply to
someone

we are not! neither of me!

Reply to
someone

not as long as women look so good.

Reply to
someone

I heard that for his travelling show the revolvers were loaded with buckshot so could hardly miss. Likewise Annie Oakley's rifle.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

And I remember reading that he preferred a cross-over draw, i.e his pistols were mounted backwards and he'd reach across his belt buckle to grab them. And he looked nothing like Guy Madison.......

Reply to
The Old Man

I remember when "Lonesome Dove" was on the air that an article about it mentioned the butt-first position of nearly all the characters' weapons. It was stated that that was more normal than what we usually saw in the movies.

And right about now I wish I had some of the old Madison TV show on tape. Back in the early '80s I remember it being on the Family Channel but we had no cable nor a VCR. I had to wait for the ex to leave before I got either. ;)

Incidentally, Hickok's favourite firearms were Navy Colts converted to handle cartridges.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Westerns fan

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D[

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D[

The next time you watch John Wayne's Stagecoach, you'll notice that he's carryig that same rifle......

Reply to
The Old Man

Except for Ford's Cavalry Trilogy, I think Wayne carried the same rifle in every Western he made after Stagecoach. I'd have to watch them all again to be sure. I'll gladly volunteer to do so. :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Mad-Modeller wrote in news:qvqdnR8- VrVLna_UnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@dejazzd.com:

I bought a Winchester carbine with the Large Loop Lever. I really think it's a movie thing unless you have really big hands and/or thick gloves. I did not find it particularly easy to operate, way to much slop in the hand/lever contact. Replaced with a standard lever. Works great.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

So, I guess no-one actually has an answer?

Wulf

Reply to
Wulf Corbett

Wulf Corbett wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

It wasn't a technical term. It was just code to refer to cannon armed (male) versus MG armed (female ).

Cannons ... phalluses. Get it?

Reply to
Gray Ghost

I meant an answer to MY question, quoted above, about Hermaphrodites.

Wulf

Reply to
Wulf Corbett

Wulf Corbett wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

That I do not know, I imagine you could have sound tactical reasons for either configuration. Techncially there would no difference.

Reply to
Gray Ghost