When do I add the roadwheels again? (armor)

Cruising happily along with my AFV Club Walker Bulldog I am now at the step in the instructions where they want me to add all the wheels to the lower hull. Something vague and whispy in my memory (I am usually an aircraft modeller and only occasionally build armor) tells me that I shouldn't actually add the wheels until near the last step, no matter what the instructions say. Something about waiting until the main paint job is being done...

Have I gone totally daft or is that vague voice in my memory a smart critter?

What's the recommended method/order??

Thanks MUCH in advance!!

Tracy, back at the workbench again... and now with Olive Drab under my fingernails... life is good.

Reply to
Tracy & the SWAMPdogs

You might want to shoot a coat of base color onto the lower hull and weather the painted tracks and roadwheels before final installation.

Then after installation, you can do a final weathering to blend all three together.

HTH, Mike please remove "diespam" to reply

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, perhaps you've misunderstood the situation.

Reply to
MLDHOC

NOOOOOOOOO! Tracy, don't do it! Where will you put so as not to embarass yourself when friends come to visit....

RobG (the Aussie one)

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

"friends" ...?

;-)

We keep the minefield fresh and the moat critters well-fed. No visitors to worry about. Thinking about adding some guard towers in the Springtime.

Wheee hah!

~ Tracy, had a rough week.

(and the 25% Aussie one (from the Maternal Grandmother side.))

Reply to
Tracy & the SWAMPdogs

Um, I think you're supposed to starve the moat critters..... ;-p

Reply to
Al Superczynski

I think they're well fed on 'visitors', Al....

RobG (the Aussie one)

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Ding ding ding!

When a "No Soliciting" sign just won't do.... LOL

Tracy

Reply to
Tracy & the SWAMPdogs