54-90mm Sci Fi

Hi

Can anyone help me locate manufacturers of 54-90mm sci fi figures ??

thanks in advance

Reply to
R.N.P

Hi:

Try the Andrea Miniature lines. They have SciFi and Horror, 54mm white metal and are very nice if a little pricey. Check them out at Squadron

or The Red Lancers

Dave

Reply to
DaveM

Hi:

Try the Andrea Miniature lines. They have SciFi and Horror, 54mm white metal and are very nice if a little pricey. Check them out at Squadron

or The Red Lancers

Dave

Reply to
DaveM

Here are some options:

- Games Workshop (of Warhammer and its ilk) has a game system called Inquisitor which features a line of science fiction figures in @ 54mm scale. They feature good detail and decent options, but they're white metal and can get pricey if purchased directly from Games Workshop.

- Phebus Creations made a line of figures in 1/24 scale which is considerably "shorter" than 90 mm, but they do look pretty good. Think a "Starship Troopers" influence. Can be hard to find, check eBay if you're willing to "wiggle" a bit in the scale(s) you seek.

- Academy and Nucle Entertainment made models of characters from the game "Starcraft" in 1/30 scale, which is close to 90mm, if not exact. Finding them is getting difficult, but they are listed on eBay every now and again for good prices at times.

- Stikfas: Think multipose figure(s) taken to a completely different level,

Yeah they look rather toy-like (well they are toys) but they could turn into interesting android-type figures with some creativity and work. Not sure the precise scale of these things, but they are large, and are pretty neat IMO. Amazon.com sells them, or maybe even Toys 'R' Us.

All in all, it's slim pickins' in the science fiction figure market for those scales. There's not much in other scales either unless you go the wargaming route for the smaller ones (28mm) or garage kits for the larger ones (120mm).

NP, HTH,

Reply to
Steve

Thanks all

basically, I have been wargaming and painting (at competition level) for 25 years and I have got the hair brained idea of doing something in a larger scale.... Years ago there was loads of 54 upwards white metal stuff from Andrea etc but it seems scarce now as you say !!!

The GW stuff is passable but I am trying to get a sort of 70/80's feel.......... Y'know...padded shoulders, luminous spandex and that kind of thing. Andrea's few figures are like that but sadly theres only around 5 models.

Reply to
R.N.P