Help Finding Flying Cloud

I'm in a real fix trying to locate a 1:96 scale or larger Flying Cloud. Prefer to be plastic for a rush order. Can anyone help me locate or link to any manufacturers/vendors.

Thanks to all for helping. This was just proposed today.

Reply to
MossyOats

Revell made one back in the day, and it was about 1:96. But its out of production and short of eBay, I don't know where you'd find a copy.

Reply to
The Old Man

Thanks for the help, just the same.

Reply to
MossyOats

Reply to
Ron Smith

Nope, it was approx. 1/232 scale....originally it was "box scale" and I happen to have one. Mamoli made a 1/96 wooden kit.

Reply to
Ron Smith

Hi, Revel used some licence in their models of Cutty Sark and Thermopylae they used the same moulds even though the two ships were a different size. I am not familiar with Flying cloud but she appears to be very similar to Cutty Sark, a clipper is a clipper after all and will all be similar. She appears to be slightly longer and wider than Cutty Sark but so was Thermopylae. Looking at the below site the only real difference seems to be the layout of deckhouse and poop, hull form is similar, and it would not be difficult to make the Sark look like the Flying Cloud, just find a few references. After all if Revel can use licence so can you! (I don't know how accurate the model shown is)

Reply to
David Amos

Hello..and thanks alot. Yeh, we mulled over that very idea about taking some liberties and improvising. I spend more hours Sat. gleeming over Flying Cloud photos than I care to admit. We determined that the Cloud was a Cutty on Steroids. The channels for the ratlines run down the outside of the hull vs. Cutty's being tucked inboard on the deck. This could be worked-around.

And I found so many nice wooden plankers around the $370 mark. Cloud appeared to have more belly on its hull at the waterline and the bow taper not as long as Cutty's imo.