Which re-pop is gonna be next?!?!

We've had the $80+ Tu-22 series, the the $100+ Valkyrie, earlier it was the $45+ Victor and the $100+ BUFF's. I'm hoping for the now $60+ WV-2 kit from Heller...

What're you guys wanting next?!?!

Reply to
Drew Hill

I'm hoping for kits I can afford!

Reply to
eyeball

yeah? not in this life..... if it wasn't for a stash back to the 90's, i would be building 2 kits a year.

Reply to
someone

I have my stash plus a local hobby shop has a lot of discounted used kits, not to mention ebay. I doubt I've bought more than a handful of new kits the last few years.

Reply to
eyeball

i can't remember the last new kit i bought. most are reissue, like the lindbergs, or kits out for years. i did buy the visible b17 reissue. don't know why, i'll probably never build it. i have the g version, also unbuilt. i just don't have any place to put them. don't like hanging, though i will hang my zwilling and me 321 together. that just looks so freakin' cool. a monster and a freak together.

Reply to
someone

what Valkyrie? the XB-70????

Craig

Reply to
crw59

don't like the lindberg? it is kind of spartan looking. haven't built one but it's on the list to get. i believe it's still in production. of course, a modern kit at a better scale would be great. how bgf would a 1/48 be? i seem to remember a picture with it flying formation with a couple of fighters and i seem to remember they looked small.

Reply to
someone

YAH! Where did the original poster get the price and info on the XB-70?

I haven't heard anything about its rerelease..............???

Reply to
unamodeler

Italeri re-release of the AMT kit.

Saw it at the lhs (AB Charles in Pittsburgh) for $60 at the weekend. Along with the B-35 for 80!

I have both somewhere that I picked up for 10 apiece last time...

Reply to
Peter Baxter

I had the zwilling and 321 when I was a teenager. Still have the parts, but at that size they didn't survive the years in one piece. I've built another zwilling and have both a 321 ($10 on evilbay!) and I gave in and bought the 323 in the recent reissue but I don't have the room or nerve to start them. I'd like to see them in 1/144.

Reply to
eyeball

yeah, got the two wing versions at a discount toy for 10 each too.

80 bucks? what a rip.
Reply to
someone

they're both pretty easy kits. just do it. you know you want to. and what could look cooler. would you have to hang them or is there space?

Reply to
someone

My models are kept in an air conditioned attic with sloped ceilings, so hanging them would mean putting my eye out in a mid air collision when I forget and stand up lol I need to thin my built ups but that's hard as hell to do!

Reply to
eyeball

the only sure way i've found is giving them away. sure, there are some i wouldn't give away but the real thing to me is actually building them. i keep a new build for 5-6 months and either pack it for storage or give it away. kids often will make eyes at a model. so if it's not a keeper, it's theirs. among adults, women seem to like tanks. can't keep a tiger or sherman. the stuka rebuild from my childhood was gone in 3 weeks. my pharmacist buddy saw it and had to have it. it's doing guard duty in his pharmacy.

Reply to
someone

:

I've given a few away, it's when you get rid of one then decide you just have to have it, that it turns into a pain. Building another is fun unless it turns out you can't find it anymore. If I ever get off my duff and photograph them all, then I'll be quicker to store them or give them away.

Reply to
eyeball

Well, the 1:72 version is 32" long - so that would make the 1:48 a whopping 4' long

One of these days I'll get around to building mine along with the 1:72 YF-12 I also have sitting on a shelf

Reply to
Old-Techie

Got my B-35 for $4.95 at Big Loys about 10 years ago. Passed on the $9.95 B-70 because it was too damned big.

Reply to
The Old Man

Damn...think I'll stick with my lindy b-70. I did that 72nd YF-12 last year, and the 1/48 version is one of the rare survivors of my youth. Sometimes it amazes me that a kit that big never got broken.

Reply to
eyeball

i can relate to that. there are too many things need doing.

Reply to
someone

that's a tad big for a house. but i would love to build something that size just to have done it.

Reply to
someone