WWII German Tank Crew Weapons - Any?

want to do a 1/35 diorama with a disabled German tank captured by either a British tank or infantry in North Africa.

I wanted to lay out all the equipment the Brits would have found in and on the tank.

Did crews carry sidearms, rifles, etc? What would we find in a German tank in Africa?

thx - Craig

Reply to
crw59

As a rule tank crews are not what one could call heavily armed. Most of them would have a pistol and perhaps a few folding submachine guns.

Figure the Germans would have a few Lugers or P-38s and perhaps one or two MP-38 or MP-40s. (US crews would have Colt .45s and M3A1 grease guns after the early part of the war; up to that point is was the Thompson and the M3 even had provision for something like 15 50-round drums, but apparently it was issued with clips instead.)

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

lots of canteens, maps, rations, smoking materials, bedding, hand tools and girlie mags.

Reply to
someone

" snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net" wrote:>want to do a 1/35 diorama with a disabled German tank captured by

I can just picture a mag full of those East German female Olympic athletes..I would surrender too.

Craig

Reply to
crw59

" snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net" wrote:>want to do a 1/35 diorama with a disabled German tank captured by

I can just picture a mag full of those East German female Olympic athletes..I would surrender too.

Craig

Reply to
crw59

um, wasn't the pretext ww2? not that they couldn't be east germans. perhaps you might mean the ladies of tractor plant 751 in their spring overalls with the snap fronts?

Reply to
someone

yeah, that'll work..... Craig

Reply to
crw59

Take a look at "Signal" if you could find a copy and the women there are pretty tame -- Gretel the waitress waiting for her Hans to come home on leave with three personal tank destruction badges, etc. Even the Soviets had more shots of buxom blondes harvestng wheat in the Ukraine.

As for the East Germans, their army magazine was "Armeerundschau" and it actually DID have reasonably attractiive cheesecake photos in the magazine, to include "skin!"

Cookie Sewell ( who had to read that one for possible intel value in 1986-88 in the

3rd US Armored Division)
Reply to
AMPSOne

you WILL like them comrade!

Reply to
someone

was that double d intel, cookie?

Reply to
someone

checking out a defense for the classic spread eagle formation, no doubt...

Craig

Reply to
crw59

finger 4? (i know, shoot me.)