A little something for NASCAR fans....or fans of surfacing in SolidWorks

Hello All,

I just thought I would post some images of a little SolidWorks home project that I have been working on.

I'll be working on it more and updating the page in the coming weeks as I have time. (With a six month old at home, time can sometimes escape you!) I've got some more stuff I will be adding to the model gallery within the next month.

Best Regards to all,

Ricky Jordan CSWP Dynetics, Inc.

Reply to
Ricky Jordan

Where did you get the wireframe/ geometry to start your project ?

Laz

Reply to
Laz

Your right about the brushing up on your photoworks skills (on webpage)........We need to see the "Team Jordan" decal on the side of the car :)

Cool

Len

P.S. How do you find any time with a six month old?

Reply to
lmar

Hi Laz,

Well, there just isn't much out there that I could find to aid in defining the shape. I couldn't even find a decent blueprint that was a true representation of the actual shape of the car.

I did have the aid of three images I took of my son's 1/24 scale Winner's Circle car. I used that as my starting point. With photo perspective an issue, I had to do a little interpolation here and there. It defintely help speed up the process of getting the top and bottom profiles setup along with the window shapes. The Front and Rear features of the car were pretty much free form. I designed those shapes in after looking at some pictures on some NASCAR websites. If you look at a Winner'c Circle 1/24 scale car, there are defintely some differences between it and my model.

Best Regards,

Ricky Jordan

Reply to
Ricky Jordan

Hi Len,

How did I find time with a six month old?.....Lots of late nights! It's a nice time to work when everyone is asleep! :-)

I've got some ideas on decals. I'm trying to find some good samples of Headlight and tail light decals along with some other things to dress it up a bit. It's a work in progress.

Thanks,

Ricky Jordan

Reply to
Ricky Jordan

From what I remember from a discovery channel progam not sure what it was, just remember seeing it. If you get a matchbox toy car they actually 3D scan the original and srink it then CNC a master for their models. So for general shapes using matchbox you could be resonably accurate....

Ben

Reply to
Ben

wait till the crawling happens....

Reply to
Laz

HA! six months is EASY, they can barely move around! When they are old enough to walk, open the refrigerator, and continually move your stuff all over the house and yard is when it gets fun....

all worth it of course...

ca

Reply to
clay

Yep...this will be the second time around for me. I already have a six year old boy. It's been just long enough to not truly remember how much you have to chase them around. I was reminded recently by watching my nephew who is two. Luckily my little girl isn't quite ready to crawl, so I have a little more time before having to baby proof everything again!

Ricky

Reply to
Ricky Jordan