ACAD conversion

I have to do a lot of Acad conversions on revolved parts. I am just looking for opinions on how people would do it them selves. I download a lot of files off of the net e.g.. Timken bearings. When I convert them I like to have my parts origins line up so I have to dim all the lines in the sketch before I move it to the organ. Is there a better way to do this? It's a little time consuming or should I just leave it where it is and not worry about the origin.

I also make an assemblies out of the cup and cone of the bearing but currently I don't put the rollers or the cage in, not that it is necessary but how would you go about putting in the rollers?

Thanks

Reply to
Nathan Feculak

I usually do one of two things.

  1. I determine my center & move the geometry to 0,0 in AutoCAD Light.
  2. I will use the new 2003 tool "Autodemension Sketch" & then move the geometry.

I usually use method #1 as it is quicker for me to delete/trim/move large amounts of entities in AutoCAD.

Matt B.

Reply to
Matthew A. Bush