Re: Tracing a JPEG image in SolidWorks?

Start a sketch tools>sketch tools>insert picture. I recommend washing out the image with brightness/contrast adjsutments
before you insert it - nothing worse than editing a black line on a black image, eh?
FYI - There is also a free raster to vector utility called Wintopo which is a really fast way to get a crummy sketch (disjoint lines, segmented curves, etc). But , in some cases, that might do.
-Ed

If you are going to do a lot stuff like this I would look at the picture convert for SolidWorks add-in. It may save some time.
Todd Anderson

Todd,
I am not familliar with the SW picture converter. Quickly went to their web site and did a search and found nothing. If you would not mind sharing this info, I'm all ears (or eyes, I guess). Thanks in advance.
Andrew Grove

The add-in is from Baren-Boym. You can DL a trial version for 15 days. WHat it does it take a B&W outline and convert it into a sketch. Save time, and headache of having or trying to get things perfectly neat. That would be a kewl add-in, that some how you could snap to the points of edges of a picture or just choose the edge and "convert entities".