An unknown erorr occurred while accessing P:\

"An unknown erorr occurred while accessing P:\..." shown on my screen when I save a large (19k KB) assembly drawing.

Great appreciated for any ideas,

Margaret Wu Mechanical Engineer snipped-for-privacy@mc.com

Reply to
enjoylife.mar
1, Does p:\.... exist? 1a, Can you explore to that location? 1b, Is there enough disk space for saving? 1c, Do you have write access to that folder or sub folder? 2, Is there an original file in that location, with that name, which is read only? 2a, Can you save the file to another name? 3, Are you using Pdmworks or another document system, where you do not have write access?

Just a few suggestions to help you on your way

:-)

Reply to
pete

Do you have the 3 Gb switch set, but not a user value set?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

This is not uncommon. I have usually seen it with drawings. It may mean a corrupt file. Hope you have backups set to 2.

TOP

Reply to
TOP

only? - the original file is in the same drive. it happened when this file getting bigger.

issue appeared in SP0 of SolidWorks 2007 but was listed as 'fixed' after SP1. Currently SP4.0 is the latest release. I'm working on update SW 2007 to SP4.

Reply to
enjoylife.mar

Thanks! A local SW thec support says this issue appeared in SP0 of SolidWorks

2007 but was listed as 'fixed' after SP1. Currently SP4.0 is the latest release. Do you think this is the problem? I'm working on to updated it to SP4. Thanks, again! _Margaret
Reply to
enjoylife.mar

Margaret,

I've seen that kind of thing a lot farther back that SP1 or 2007. My advice is twofold:

  1. Set your backups to 2. Setting to 1 will only get you two corrupt files usually.

  1. Clean your temp out and defrag regularly.

TOP

Reply to
TOP

Hi, In this I have a prob with number 2, it was a read only but even after I changed the rights it is giving the same error, can you help me on this.

Rgds Naseef

Reply to
pmnaseef