Animation question

Here is what I want to do. I need a flat surface to start as a small ellipse about 3CM in dia and expand into a large ellipse about 5meters in dia in an animation about 15 seconds long. What would you recommend? Equation driven? I am not sure how to approach this?

Ben

Reply to
Ben Eadie

Well, I suppose the obvious smartass response of "just use zoom" won't do for this one? Seriously, it sounds like you're leaving something out. If all you want is to change size of a 2D shape, you actually could just use zoom. Who would know?

If you want to use Animator, you'll have to do it in context and use assembly mates to make it work (assembly distance and angle mates are the only numbers you can use to drive animations), so you'll probably want to skip that.

Alternatively you could just change the sizes slowly, getting a bunch of screen shots along the way and put them together into an animation. You can get free trial software to do that. Maj and min axes of the elipse could be related by an equation.

good luck,

matt

Reply to
matt

Thanks Matt,

I guess I should have pointed out that the animation has a background assembly that stays the same size so the zoom wont work but I think I could do the in context assembly stuff, any examples you know of that I could look at and dissect?

The screen capture idea is good but I am afraid of the time involved in this if there is more than one animation to do I would rather put the time into a in context scenario and then run it several times using the initial time investment in that scenario instead of doing it over and over and over...

Ben

matt wrote:

Reply to
Ben Eadie