Batchworks requiring my solidworks serial number!!??

I have downloaded batchworks and it really is a great time saver. The download is "free" and you get a 30 day evaluation until you give your solidworks serial number! This seems a bit strange to myself, after all, the idea of a serial number is for security. Why can't the program just work?

Maybe I'm being paranoid!! Now where's that bug sniffer gone?

You can't fix stupid!

Reply to
pete

I don't know batchworks, but I assume it uses a similar method as for example EcoPrint to protect it from being used without eventually obtaining a registered license. If you don't tie the demo license to some individual string or number the application can verify, nothing prevents the user from simply obtaining a new demo license whenever it expired - hence the request for it.

I can't speak for batchworks (whatever it is) but I guarantee that any of the products at

do not contain any spy software.

To us software developers your SolidWorks serial is completely useless

- unless we'd ask for the registration code ;)

Thilo Trautwein

Reply to
Thilo Trautwein

Batchworks is free, even the registered licence is free, so I see no need for the request for my serial number. Is EcoPrint free?

Reply to
pete

If Batchworks is free then I don't see any reason for requesting the SolidWorks serial either. EcoPrint is only free to evaluate - the full version costs a few bucks.

Reply to
Thilo Trautwein