Beginner Software

RE: Beginner Software
Is there some freeware or shareware I can obtain to teach myself 3D CAD?
Rodan.

http://sketchup.google.com /
Have fun.
-Martin

Student version of SolidWorks AutoCAD or Inventor and a community college class 130 for the software and another 70 or so for the class. 1 day a week. 32 weeks (2 semesters).
Bob
Rodan wrote: RE: Beginner Software
Bob wrote:
Student version of SolidWorks AutoCAD or Inventor and a community college class 130 for the software and another 70 or so for the class. 1 day a week. 32 weeks (2 semesters). __________________________________________
Thank you, Martin and Bob, for the help. I had never heard of Google Sketchup. I downloaded it and I will use it to begin learning. A local community college has a class in SolidWorks that I will take to be able to fully dimension 3D models. I heard that the student version expires after six months and becomes unusable. I hope that's not true.
Thanks again. Rodan.

The student version expires after two years. The college book store probably sells the student version, you will probably need it to take the class. I enroll on the third of next month, I have probably done most of what I can on my own.
Bob
At one time Alibre and Co-Create had free* versions. Might check to see if they're still available.
*Run via internet connections rather than 'having'.
Might also search for Inventor LT. Think it's a free part modeler.
Rodan,
I think I saw you in a flick with some big green japanese dude (godzilla). Didn't he and mothra kick your ass?
For the freeware/crapware try alibre (www.alibre.com).
Good luck.

"Rodan" wrote: RE: Beginner Software
Is there some freeware or shareware I can obtain to teach myself 3D CAD? __________________________________________________ "madcadman" wrote: Rodan, I think I saw you in a flick with some big green japanese dude (godzilla). Didn't he and mothra kick your ass?
For the freeware/crapware try alibre (www.alibre.com).
Yes, that was me. I was not really defeated, just banished until the next sequal starts shooting.
I got a lot of good suggestions here, and I have now started to become familiar with SketchUp. Later I intend to take a community college class in SolidWorks. Thanks for the good wishes and the software tip.
Rodan. <---- Can destroy cities, but can't draw in 3D

Rodan,
Good to see that you have such a good sense of humor!!! Keep up the work with 3D, you'll get it quicker than you think.
Anyone know of a good Godzilla newsgroup?