Belt simulation

I want to simulate a Dorner belt, but I cannot Do it, does anyone of you knows how to do it?.

Regards. Marco

Reply to
Marco Flores

By their web site, it looks like you are trying to model a flat belt. Is this correct? What is it that seems to be the problem - I don't understand. Please explain more.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Without working through all of this, it seems that to show motion of a flat belt, you wouldn't see anything. If the belt has compartments, cleats, etc. on it, then you would only see the motion of those items. Try looking at Mike Wilson's animation stuff - there might be something there.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

SolidWorks is a CAD package, it handles only rigid bodies : you can't simulate a real motion of a belt unless you divide it in many small rigid parts connected in a chain... Some kinematic/dynamic simulators such as VisualNastran have a special tool to simulate belts (I think Cosmos /Works doesn't do it yet, does it ?) If you're interested only in a visual animation, check for a tool that can move a texture over the belt rigid model to "cheat" the movement.

Reply to
Philippe Guglielmetti

What I want to do is to create the motion in the belt, I mean I have two rollers in each side and I want to move the belt in the rollers as a belt dorner, I have tried with the animation module and the simulation but i cannot do it.

The model i have already done, only need simulate the motion

Regards. Marco

Reply to
Marco Flores