Desktop Images

I have added a new section to my site - Desktop images if you have some renderings you would like posted send them to me.

snipped-for-privacy@REMOVEhotmail.com

Thanks, Scott

Reply to
Scott

Cool! Is that your own design?

Mike

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson

I wish!! ..... Unfortunately no.

This is a Bionicle that Lego makes. I have been working on this model for quite sometime... in between calls.

I have purchased about 9 different types of these Bionicle and plan to try and make them all... or at least the 2 more that matches the set of the Bionicle I just created. Having the set makes one large one.

Reply to
Scott

Crap.... I sent it before I was ready.

Reply to
Scott

Scott,

Ah, very kewl and fun!!

Hey, check out the short Tahu and Kopaka quicktime movies!!

?charid=kopakanuva ..

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Paul,

Yes it was very fun and my first encounter with complex surfacing.... Like I have heard from others, it's not that bad once you get an understanding of surfacing. Then almost anything is possible.

The 6 links you see on the left of that webpage - I have those Bionicle's here.... maybe if I have the time I'll finish them all... If I can get passed their masks.

Cheers, Scott

Reply to
Scott

Scott wrote on 1.10.2003 19:10

Great models! I also have a Bionicle - they are really cool - In fact, I have a lot of lego for... Um... Inspiration :-)) Yes boss... I'm working... Really!

Very clever mold making, always impressed by the inventiveness of the solutions. And I think this series is also very clever for the packaging and the whole Bionicle / hanging-upside-down-in-the-package-thing...

So, are you really modeling all of the series so you can make the "master" combination? In between calls eh? ;-)

Dan

Reply to
daniel

Nice work Scott!!!

Here's one you may want to add, as it makes a cute (???) desktop...

Finally got around to tarting up my skull a bit, and was so pleased with it that I had to stick it in a bit of a scene, so that I could submit it for the sw contest.

Cheers Olaf

Reply to
Olaf Diegel

Hey Scott,

I hope I'm not being a pain but.. I think your model would look very kewl with indirect illumination!

In hopes to get you interested,.. here's a generic scene (20" room with a simple part inside it, just replace the part with your robot asm).

Also, I'd suggest trying the hide/show trick to get closer in and to get better perspective.
.. 8^)

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Pretty Cool Scott!!

Reply to
SWuser

Paul,

I finally posted a fully chrome image that I placed in the indirect lighting scene you sent me. That was awesome!

I'm starting work on my second Bionicle. Maybe when I'm finished with them I'll do a scene of all of them in it... Time to buy more Ram I guess then!

Thanks Paul!

Scott

Reply to
Scott

Hey Scott,

Very kewl, thanks for sharing it! I think it looks sweet this way personally.

BTW, not sure if it was your intent but it looks like it maybe slightly above the floor, then again.. at the same time it gives it a sense of lift/motion.

For another example, I'll add a config with the semi room hidden, and use a generic large room.

Also, if/when you replace the generic object with your objects(s), what you, or anyone trying this will have to change is the size of the room and the floor offset. That is because the room will readjust to the objects you include. And use at least a 10X factor scale on the Length and Width of the room for your scene. That is, if the room auto adjust to say 10x10x5, set the room to

100x100x50. This was discussed on a thread using a large rooms to help with shadows and blotches but it also helps with the background depth for this scene.

later..

Scott wrote:

Reply to
Paul Salvador