Better Group for SolidWorks???

I was wondering if there is a better group like this one for SolidWorks where we can filter out the SPAM and other content and just stay focused on CAD & SolidWorks.

Reply to
Jeff

this is the best group. not that hard to filter.

Reply to
kenneth

It can not be filtered because it is an open public newsgroup, so repeat offenders or SPAM can not be blocked. If you know how then please inform us on how to block.

Reply to
Jeff

There is a very active and helpful SW group at . Trolls tend to think it over-moderated.

Reply to
That70sTick

That site is ok; but a little on the busy side. You know 10lbs of content in a 5lb site.

Reply to
Jeff

yes, web forums are notoriously overburdened with graphics, self-serving plugs, advertisements, etc. if you only have web access then you are out of luck.

using a newsreader (outlook express), message>block sender. see also,

you can also try the solidworks forum.
it does NOT require maintenance/subscription.

Reply to
kenneth

Jon,

Why is it every time I read one of your posts I get the feeling that I am being sold something? Do you own stock in Solidmentor? Get $.50 each time you mention it on a newsgroup? Jon I believe that this is why I have seen so many negative replies to your comments.

Yes there are no advertisements, but the video previews are to large and it seems like the site is using every new tool out there.

I mean come on: News Archive Topics Directory Blogs Podcasts SolidWiki Solid Forum Web Links Calendar Wish List Sitemap Picture Album Contact Us

I mean most of this I can deal with, but Picture Album, WTF. Do we really need a repository of screen shots and pics that mean nothing to anyone but the person that posted them?

Anyways, I can't bash that site to much, I do have a login for it.......

Reply to
Jeff

Such are the voices of the banished.

Reply to
That70sTick

Eng-tips.com is my preferred forum. I don't know what you mean by

10lbs of content in 5lbs site. The site loads fast, is robust and well managed. Normally, answers come quick to questions, and those answers are actually useful (something that isn't nearly as common on this message board). Contributors are very gracious and often go out of their way to provide solutions, including creating macros from scratch and researching standards. Additionally, there's an extensive FAQ section for questions that are actually asked frequently. :)

Links to all of the boards with which I'm a member can be found here:

Matt Lorono

fcsuper

Issues much? :) The corp doesn't make money from my wallet. As far as your students comment goes...well, how is a distinction even made between who is a student and who is not? I've not see evidence of this rule, but if it does exist, it's uninforceble.

To anyone that says its more this or that than actual content; I say, you haven't contributed to it or used it to a point past just glancing it over. There's more useful content there than on this board by a long shot.

Enough about that though. There's many forums to pick from. Have fun! I recommend trying them all out. You'll find yourself gravitating to particular ones because those are the ones that work best for you.

Matt Lorono

fcsuper

snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com

TOP

Reply to
TOP

Really Jon?

When was the last time someone stole money from me?

When was the last time I took an upgrade path and wasn't happy with it?

Tom

Reply to
brewertr