Dual monitor query

I'm running SWX 2007 on a laptop with an NVidia Quadro FX 2500M, and I have a second LCD monitor connected to it.

I run SWX on the second display, and my Office apps on the laptop. Generally it works OK, except that the SWX Measure dialog box always opens up on the laptop's display.

It's the only pop-up window (so far) that has this problem - all the others (e.g. file open) open on the same display as the SWX parent window.

Anyone know how to fix this?

TIA John H

Reply to
John H

The text formatting box also appears in the wrong screen.

John H

Reply to
John H

John,

For the most part you are stuck with this because the laptop monitor is considered your main one via Windows. There are some settings in the registry to allow you to tell certain SolidWorks dialogs where to start at, but could not tell you how because it depends on your monitor sizes.

I believe the reg key is:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SolidWorks\SolidWorks 2008\User Interface \Settings] "ConstraintDelDlgButtonState"="0" "ViewDlgState"="0" "MeasureDlgState"="0" "FeaturePaletteState"="0" "WindowPos"="2,3,-1,-1,-1,-1,0,0,1281,819"
Reply to
Jeff

Jeff,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I've contacted my VAR who, so far, have not come up with an answer.....about par for the course. They didn't seem aware of the registry hacks, and are going to contact SWX about it.

John H

Reply to
John H