Box Section welding??

Network BlitzHi, We do a lot of box section framework and Solidworks seems to have a problem in the assembly welds department!!!

Take a trolley, as an example, Using 25mm Square box section, with 4 wheels fitted to the uprights using tube inserts. Looking at one corner, there are 3 box sections meeting each other, with the upright one, holding the wheel insert. This requires 3 welds for the corners and 2 welds for the outside joints.

Without the radius's on the box section edges(that most box section has!), I can get the 3 corner welds,but I can't get them to join them together at the corner, as welds normally do. Also I can't find a way, to weld the outside edges that contact each other. These outside edges must be welded for strength.

With the box section edge radius's I can only get 2 corner welds! When I try to add the third weld I get a message suggesting filleting the two edges!! AHHHHH!

Any ideas?

Reply to
pete