Re: Lettering a casting

I need to put model numbers on several castings. We plan on using a (1/8"

> diam. ???) ball and machine the lettering into the mold about .04 deep. I > don't know if this is the best way or not and would like to know how others > approach this. > > Thanks in advance > > Tom Chasteen > > >
Reply to
Noel Jones

Noel,

I didn't see your reply.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Chasteen

Tom,

Unless you are the pattern shop/foundry, why don't you just put the text where you want it on the drawing then have a note stating what you want.

If you really have to put the raised/engraved text on your casting/mould and it is in an area with non-planer faces there are a couple of add-ins available for text on models.

Merry :-)

Reply to
Merry Owen

Merry,

I'll using the note approach. Thanks for the thought.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Chasteen